I wonder how similar or different your school day is! I know we have students taking part that are home schooled, or are from an international school or have a one room school as well as go to university or a normal school.
So this week’s theme is all about school. I am going to give you some suggestions but what you post about is up to you. Use one of my ideas or think of something for yourself. Check out what these three students wrote last year:
- Kaiya – lunch time choices
- Brooke – interview a staff member – make sure they know beforehand you will be putting it on your blog for the world to see
- Maraya – report on an event at school
I have included a few videos and links you might like to check to give you ideas for posts.
So what could you do for a post this week?
- Create polls about how people get to school or work, or favourite school subject or …..
- What is your weekly timetable like, compare with other students – time you start and finish school, number of lessons each day, breaks during the day, days in year you go to school
- Choices of subjects at school – remember to explain abbreviations you might use eg LOTE , ELA
- Your dream of what you will be doing once you leave school
- If you were principal for a week, what would you do? If you were a teacher for a week, what would you do?
- Research the history of your school and create an about my school page
- Research a famous person who attended your school
- Technology in your school
- What do you do at break times?
- School bell has gone – what do you do now?
- Food you eat at school – what is in your lunchbox or your school meal – good activity for taking photos
- If you could improve your school, what would you do?
- Your ideal school – maybe include a map of what it would look like
- How has schooling changed over the last 100 years? Maybe interview parents, grandparents and ask questions about schooling – use an audio app then embed in blog
- The view outside your classroom window – maybe explain plants that might be seen, the weather, seasons etc
- Hold a debate about uniforms or school starting times or subjects or …..
- Anything else that relates to schooling around the world