1. Blog entries / comments must be posted daily, or as directed by Mr. McCray and the ever changing schedule.
2. Blogs must be a minimum of 5 complete sentences. I would definitely suggest writing more. The more you write on a daily basis, even if commenting on other students blogs, the more your fluency will grow. That is one of the main goals of this class.
3. Please keep your entry content school appropriate. If you wouldn’t say it around me or around your parents, don’t write it in this blog.
4. Comments on classmates’ posts are expected to be appropriate and respectful. You must use academic talk and STARS, WISHES, and WONDERS. No one will bully, insult, or put down anyone at anytime.
5. When completing the Student Blog Challenge you will be respectful to all cultures and ethnicities. Conduct yourselves in a positive uplifting manner, and complete the challenges in the time allotted.
6. Your posts should be written using your own words. If you refer to other content outside (articles, images, videos, etc.), link back to the source. Use an embedded link instead of MLA citations, this is how you cite work on a blog.
7. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know!
Hello Mr. McCray. I am a scienceteacher in Texas that is now implementing remote learning. Our district is using PBL so all of our students are doing the same project. I am now teaching Poetry as a form of communication for underreported stories. I like your blog site and wanted you to know. I am basing my expectations on yours as I have never even posted a blog. I hope you are okay with that. Is this site still in use?
Wow! Thank you so much. Yes this site is still in use. We just started remote learning too so our focus has been on working the bugs out of that. We should be posting back on here next week at the latest. Good Luck to you in this wild new world of education!
Hi Mr. McCray, I am a resource teacher in a California middle school. In my study skills I want to have students post to discussion questions on a book we are reading. I came across your blog and wanted to see if I could use some of your information. We’ve been n distance learning since March 2020.
Yes! That would be awesome! If you have any classes that blog please send them our way. I am going to start a new class on this blog in February and would love to have some classes that they could connect with.