September 22

Type 1 Collins Write

Good Morning!

In order to get ourselves going this morning take 2 minutes, respond to this post in 6 lines or more and describe what you are currently working towards achieving (professionally or personally).

Posted September 22, 2023 by mrmccraysclass in category Uncategorized

36 thoughts on “Type 1 Collins Write

1. Ashlie

I am working on finding new programs and resources to use in my classroom to make lessons more engaging for students. We have been working on materials for a new novel and have been trying out some different sites to use to change up the routine in our classrooms.

Reply
  2. Alecha Sanbower

Personally, I am working on my doctorate. I have taken several classes in this manner. I am attending West Chester University. I am thinking this is will help me personally and professionally. I also am looking at my dissertation topic. I am thinking of studying crime statistics.

Reply
  3. Brandy

I am currently working on mentoring a student teacher and helping her to understand what it means to effectively teach in a middle school classroom. We are working together to develop her classroom management skills and her instructional skills. Personally, I am working on giving up control of my room and allowing her to experiment with different techniques.

Reply
  4. Ella

I currently am working towards several goals, personally, professionally, and academically. I have two personal goals; currently I am planning a wedding/ honeymoon. My second personal goal is making sure I am going to the gym at least 3x per week. Professionally, my goal is figuring out a method of getting my learners whom usually do not participate to participate, by making my lessons more engaging. Lastly, my academic goal. I am currently enrolled at Wilson College to get my teaching certificate, my goal here is to complete this program.

Reply
  5. Kelly

Honestly I am trying to survive block scheduling. I am trying to find a balance between home and school. As I am much older than I was when I taught in the block previously, I am trying to find ways to work smarter than harder and how to engage students in a meaningful way.

Reply
  6. Beth

At this point I am currently just trying to get through each day…one day at a time. My class is very needy this year,and very low. Also having another teacher in my room. Coordinating with her to better meet the needs of my students. I

Reply
  7. Rachel

I am currently in the process of getting my Masters in Humanities at Wilson College. I only have my Masters thesis left, so getting that written and creating a healthy balance between work, family life, and completing this has been the focus lately. Also finding time while doing this to do things that bring me joy and allow me to relax and reflect on the positives in my life, hopefully bringing these positive attitudes into my classroom and my students’ lives.

Reply
  8. Jessica Pauselius

I am working towards achieving a balance between being the best person I can be at home and at work. Giving all of the people in my life, my family, colleagues, students, the most that I can, while still taking care of myself. Trying to capture moments of growth, both mentally and physically. Also thinking about the future, what can I do now to make life happy for myself and the people around me.

Reply
  9. Witmer

I am working towards getting better at staying caught up with my work, especially grading and planning, and trying to figure out what I can do to be a better teacher. I am also working on starting a master’s program at Slippery Rock so I can avoid having to pay a bunch of money to take the praxis again. I would very much like to not have to redo everything for my certification so I need to get those credits done, you feel me big dog?

Reply
  10. Lesley

Currently I am working on understanding the content of independent living, as well as culinary arts. Also I am working towards my permanent certification in teaching. Trying to maintain a family and a second job while giving my children at school a 100%. Learning to function in the chaos of daily school life and keeping kids safe.

Reply
  11. Cathy

I am currently working towards achieving a Master’s Degree. I am receiving my degree from York College of Pennsylvania. The degree I am working towards is Diversity and Student Resilience. I am about halfway through my program and should be earning my degree in fall 2025. This program is helping me grow as a professional educator because it is setting me up to be a better teacher for my students.

Reply
  12. Daniel

I am working toward lesson planning AP US history and teaching historical thinking skills. I am also attending graduate school at Shippensburg University. I am helping plan the 2025 prom with Karl Schreiber.

Reply
  13. Andrew

Currently I am working on completing a PhD in Educational Psychology at George Mason University. I am studying teacher psychological needs and how the satisfaction or frustration of their needs impacts learning and instruction in their classrooms, their work engagement and their future work intentions. I like what I’m studying, but I’m tired. I am also completing a certification for program evaluation in addition to the PhD. I think this might be my future course, professionally

Reply
  14. Melanie

I am personally working towards creating new content for my courses. I am learning about historical camera processes and bringing those techniques into my classroom. I am especially interested in learning new techniques for the darkroom that require minimal supplies and allow students to experiment. I am excited for these opportunities for students in darkroom photography. I have joined an artist collective in gettysburg.

Reply
  15. Kristin Zaruba

In order for students to own their learning, giving a choice in the particular history they are curious about. Learners research a topic within a unit to create a website, typing their information. They also create a hands-on element to include with images or videos representing what they learned. After the projects are created, learners reflect on their work. They also choose and post their favorite projects on a portfolio. Those portfolios are shared with parents through emails. Additionally, learners have a choice to share with other learners on a Padlet

Reply
  16. Tawnya Finney

Professionally I’m working on continued writing in the curriculum with the advent of AI conventions. Personally, I am working on astrophotography.

Reply
  17. Zach Horn

Currently, I am working on my Ed.D. at Wilkes University. I am hoping to become more involved in curriculum and instruction professionally. In terms of research, I am looking learn more about the barriers to social-emotional learning curriculum. In the classroom, I have been focused on collaborating with the ELA department to improve overall PSSA scores for learners.

Reply
  18. Mr. Carlson

As an educator, I am constantly striving to provide my students with the best possible learning experience. To this end, I am currently exploring ways to create more options within our unit curriculum. My aim is to ensure that every student can achieve the same learning outcomes, but with the flexibility to take different paths. One of the biggest challenges I face is ensuring that students are exposed to all the important themes of each unit, regardless of their choices. To address this, I plan to implement one new unit each year, with the goal of transforming our entire curriculum within five years.

Reply
  19. Stacy

Exercise and get healthier
    Get more ‘toys’ for my classroom
    Work with my ‘project’ student
    Pay down debt

Reply
  20. Kevin Funkhauser

As a new teacher, I am working towards becoming acquainted with working with the students and developing engaging lesson plans. I am also working on being able to understand all of the responsibilities and roles that I have in Special Education. I also am continuing to explore different mediums to present information, as well as innovative ways to create a successful learning environment.

Reply
  21. Catherine

I am working towards being more patient with my students and staff as we navigate an odd year. There are new ways of teaching science and new standards I need to follow. All while I have a different caliber of students that I want to feel successful. This is in the middle of me also making sure I am a good team leader, building rep, daughter, wife and step mother.

Reply
  22. Brendan

I am trying to become more varied and engaging in the way that i teach. With the new block schedule, my old methods of teaching are not effective at keeping students’ attention throughout the entire class period. So in order to be the best teacher that I can be, I need to be for my students to achieve success in the classroom. So, I am trying to keep instruction varied, and include new activities and discussions in class.

Reply
  23. Kristen Tester

I am working on formatting and standardizing language across all of my units for assignments and projects. I am also using PearDeck to increase student engagement as few students want to participate out loud.

Reply
  24. Jamie

Personally, I am working toward Conqueror Races. They enable me to virtually travel around the world while exercising in our own neighborhood. My current race is the Road to Hana, which is based in Hawaii. There are beautiful vistas to enjoy! Professionally, I am enjoying immersing myself in my science class and growing microorganisms. I can’t wait to see what happens next.

Reply
  25. Vensel

Currently, I am working on bettering my skills on the flying trapeze. Last class, I caught my half-time straight jump after working on it for four classes. Next class, I will start working on a turn around swing. Recently, I was approved to take off from the board unassisted. I have been cross training on trampoline and other aerial arts (hammock, fabric, and rope). I love running away to the circus.

Reply
  26. Joey

Currently I am working towards creating engaging material to help deliver content of my curriculum to my students. I am creating new warm ups to begin each lesson that will help steer students in their thinking towards the topic of the day. We, as a team, are creating assessments that focus on assessing students throughout the entire grade level.

Reply
  27. Chris Ritter

* Work-life balance
    * Retention within music program
    * Recruitment of younger learners from elem/middle
    * Positive culture for all learners
    * Maintain community reputation for music program
    * Refine program infrastructure

Reply
  28. Tina Schaubroeck

I would like to challenge all of my students both academically and musically at their level of understanding. I would like to provide more hands on musical experiences for them and less book work. When writing, I would like to challenge them to think beyond the obvious, “right there” discussion questions. Most of what we write is responding to music, but again I would like them to think at a deeper level.

Reply
  29. Josh

I’m looking to finish my master’s degree’s. I’m looking to take over as the new Steve on Blue’s Clues. I’m also looking to welcome my 2nd son into the world at the end of January or beginning of February.

Reply
  30. Courtney

I am currently working towards a plan to help engage and help the kids that I work with learn the skills they need to improve their overall behavior and participation in their school, and school work.

Reply
  31. Bj

I am working to develop advanced and low cost devices to assist students with disabilities in accessing information using multiple modalities. For instance, I have created a small device that accepts 3d printed discs with embedded NFC tags that will allow students to hear information about that subject to them. The project includes 3d printing, electronics, NFC programming, automated web scraping, and AI voice generation.

Reply
  32. Alaina Snyder

Professionally I am working towards becoming a great teacher. I am a junior at Shippensburg University and am able to attend this professional development seminar with my co-op that I have for this semester. Working with my co-ops is one of the many steps that I have to take to reach my goal. I have had both good and bad experiences with teachers, and I want to work towards becoming the best teacher that I can be.

Reply
  33. Seth Hoffman

Professionally, I will be working toward obtaining my teaching certificate due to being an emergency certified teacher. Because I am new to teaching, I am learning ways to become an effective and successful educator. Personally, I am navigating my busy schedule as a teacher, coach and parent. Making time for my family is very important to me.

Reply
  34. Peter

Day 27 living amongst natives. They have come to accept me as the leader of the newly formed tribe that comprises my Science class. Minor skirmishes have occurred between various factions over social standing and interpersonal relationships. this has distracted from the imparting of the science I am attempting to preach. However I remain hopeful we may yet learn to live harmoniously and raise their understanding of the world around them. Please send a keg of powder…guide who speaks Tutsi.

Reply